Our homes are our single largest investments so it only stands to reason that we would want to get the best return possible when it comes time to sell. There are a few things that can be done in order to achieve this. One of them is hiring a Professional Stager to help properly prepare the property to attract the widest range of buyers. Attracting as many buyers as possible increases the chances of multiple offers which increase the potential for receiving an offer at or over asking price. Here are 5 reasons why you should hire a Professional Stager when selling your property:
1) A stager will transform the house to appeal to a wide range of buyers while targeting the most likely market through lifestyle selling techniques which go beyond just packing & cleaning
2) Staged properties are viewed by buyers as well cared for & well maintained therefore being more desirable; buyers are willing to pay a premium for move-in ready
3) Moving is stressful enough in itself without also having to figure out where to spend your time & energy fixing or updating your property, a stager can provide you with a prioritized to-do list based on the key areas that will give you the best bang for your buck
4) You only get 1 chance to make a 1 impression, staging your house before it goes on the market increases your chances of a quick sale – research shows that over 72% of buyers 1 impression is made as soon as they step in the door
5) Staging is the art of proper furniture & accessory placement to create a cozy feeling which will make your house stand out from the rest of the competition making it the “must see” house in your area which means more showings & increased potential for multiple offers
95% of buyers shop online before deciding to view a property. By having your property professionally staged before listing, the photos will present as much more appealing online creating more interest & more showings. Be sure to ask your Realtor if they work with or can recommend a Professional Stager to help you get the best return on your largest investment!
RESA-Pro member Kelly Penuita is the Lead Interior Stylist at DecoChic Interiors where she specializes in Residential Interior Decorating and Home Staging in Winnipeg, MB. Her company is based on integrity, respect and trust – the fundamentals to building lasting relationships with her clients. www.decochicinteriors.ca